For When There’s Nothing To Say

by Kimba on February 2, 2012

in Faith and Family,Real Me

Hello, dear friends. Yes. I’m still alive. Nothing terrible has happened in my life. This post would actually be easier if there had been some monumental happening that pulled me away. Perhaps if I’d been abducted by a roving band of gypsies (no offense to the gypsies)? Yeah. That would be a good explanation.

I’ve lost count of the number I’ve times that I’ve tried to write over the last few months. Each time, the words haven’t come. Not. A. Single. Word. Trust me. I’ve tried.

I’ve cried about. And I’ve worried. Agonized really. And I’ve walked away. If you’ve sent me an email and I didn’t answer you, I’m sorry. My inbox overflowed and I gave up.

I’m slowly accepting that God is doing a refining work on me and I need to be patient.

In the meantime, I had to share the Promises of God that I read on chiselseason.com this morning. If you ever struggle to accept who you really are in Christ…or the blessings that are ours in Christ…then you need to read this. The (grateful) tears were flowing by the time I finished reading.

Love to you all.

1 Jen (Balancing Beauty and Bedlam) February 2, 2012 at 9:54 am

And that’s why we all love you so because you can say, ” I don’t have anything to say,” and it is OK because sometimes we just don’t, yet we try and say it anyhow and that’s even worse. Random babbling. We never have that with you. :)

love ya, girl.

2 Shannon February 2, 2012 at 10:01 am

Glad to hear that there was nothing horrible (although, some days I feel like I am captive to a band of gypsie children!) Take care.

3 Randee February 2, 2012 at 10:05 am

Kimba-I understand so very well! Life is full of seasons:working, serving, praying, resting and waiting. Give each day to Him and accept where He leads you. Proverbs 3:5-6.

(still remembering our lunch in wheeling)

Love & Blessings – Randee

4 Erin @ Out on A Limb... February 2, 2012 at 10:06 am

Glad to see you here today. Sometimes there’s just nothing to say or share. We’ll all be here when you do, though!

5 Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage February 2, 2012 at 10:12 am

when you have something to say, I will be here! :) Until then, enjoy your family, friends, and life! :)

6 kel February 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Well Kimba- you DID write a post today!! And God used YOU to pour out blessings through the words of it. May He be ever near you- xo kel

7 Heathahlee February 2, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I’ve been in the same boat. I’ve written some, but not nearly the amount I’ve wanted to. For some reason, it just wont flow the way it did when I first started writing. My words are stiff, my phrases are boring, and I don’t make myself laugh. That’s what I loved about writing at the beginning.

Of course we’d all love to hear more from you, but it’s TOTALLY not about us. It’s where God is taking YOU.

Praying for you, friend.

8 Tracey February 9, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Do you think we’ve all been ruint by 2 years of Relevant?! It’s like the blogging conference that builds up women and tears down blogs!

9 Heathahlee February 10, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Maybe so, Tracey! :) Maybe it’s that we’ve been so overwhelmed by what we learned it’s just too hard to put into words! :)

10 Laura February 2, 2012 at 1:52 pm

She’s alive! I wanted to know that you were well and prospering. You could just post a picture of yourself with a roll of toilet paper, and we would probably swoon, ’cause we’re big fans like that! It’s nice to hear your voice here again!

11 Annie Wilcox Designs February 2, 2012 at 2:06 pm

We are always here for you, its a joy to read what you are up to any ‘ol time. Have a good week.

12 Rose February 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Yep He does do this a lot with us. I don’t post things on my blog every day because I don’t have the words either and if there’s anything I’m not, that’s fake. I can’t make up things to put on the blog just to say I’m putting something on it every day. I like just being me because that was WHO God made me to be, just like He made you to be the person you are. I try to just enjoy the journey and bloom right where He has me planted. Sometimes it feels almost impossible but I KNOW He doesn’t allow more on us than we can stand. Just bloom where He has you planted for the moment and the words will come when they come. :) We’ll all still be here when they do.

13 Leighann February 2, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I’ve been checking on you for awhile lately and so wondering if anything was up. Thanks for updating us and letting us know you’re still out there. Praying for you.

14 Mary February 2, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Sounds like God is doing a great work in your life which never seems like it in the midst of the trial! Know that something good will come out of all this- the most important that you will love and know Him more deeply!!

bee blessed
mary

15 Katie McKee February 2, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Its always refreshing to know I am in good company when it comes to these struggles. Why is it always an overflowing inbox that overwhelms us? Expectations and fear of man are at the root for me. Psalm 103: 8-11 is always a good hiding place for me… “The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him.”

16 Marcy February 3, 2012 at 7:56 am

Kimba, I was delighted to see your post today and grateful that you are okay. I feel you should post when you want. No rules. Just delighted when you do!

17 Debbie refresh restyle February 3, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I must say that I’ve been coming over here looking for you and I was so glad to see a post. I’ve been wondering about you. Have a wonderful day.
Be blessed,
Debbie

18 Meg February 3, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Amen sisiter!!! Glad you’re back:)

19 Lori F. February 3, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Wondering if you have read “7-An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess”? I’m getting the feeling from your long absence and this post that you may have.
By the way, thank you for the link a few months ago to Jen Hatmaker. I would never have found her blog, or her book without you. You are indeed a blessing in the blog world.

20 Julie @ Pushing Twigs February 3, 2012 at 10:48 pm

So glad to hear you’re well. I love your blog and I have missed reading it, but everyone is right – you need to take the time for yourself and do what you’ve got to do, even if that means doing nothing.

I actually linked back to one of your posts today on my blog…it was the one about your laundry room with the stacked red washer and dryer. haha…hope you don’t mind.

I hope that the words come to you eventually – I will be checking back from time to time. But if not, please don’t beat yourself up. Take care, and thank you for letting your audience know how you’re doing.

21 Tori February 4, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Hey there Kimba, I’ve been lurking for what seems like years. I can totally understand your plot as a born-again Christian I understand that being so doesn’t make us super human, only forgiven. Hang in there and remember all you have to do is agree with God.
Looking forward to your next post.

22 Dana @ Cooking at Cafe D February 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I’m relieved to hear it’s just that you are out of words.
Sounds like God might be shifting your path a bit. That’s exciting news. Hang on for the ride!

~ Dana

23 Richella at Imparting Grace February 6, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I wonder how many times I’ve clicked over here since Thanksgiving? Too many to count. And every time, I’d say a tiny prayer for your well-being. Because you really are dear to me.

The refiner’s fire can be awfully hot and uncomfortable at times. But the result? Pure gold. Bless you, friend.

24 Cindy February 7, 2012 at 9:04 am

I am learning how consuming a blog and small business can be…and I don’t have children to add to the mix, well, I do babysit my granddaughters. One thing I am trying to learn is to not get consumed with the time sap that blogging can become. I am trying to keep it to a few hours in the morning, after spending time with the Lord, (although that is not the order of things this morning)…and then let God do what he wants with the blog and business. I see so many very successful young women out there, and I start to compare, and feel I should spend more time on the blog…but God keeps reminding me what my priorities are, where he want me to spend my time. Any way I could ramble on…a verse for you, Colossians 3:15-17
Have a Grace filled day!
Cindy

25 Jennifer Juniper February 8, 2012 at 8:29 am

I check my sidebar every day to see if you’ve come back. So happy to hear nothing happened and I can understand writer’s block all too well. We are all here when you come back. :)

26 Jessi February 8, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Yeah…I get this. I SO get what you are saying.

27 cwaltz February 9, 2012 at 12:36 am

I usually lurk. It’s nice to know you’re okay. Take your time and be gentle on yourself. The internet will still be here when you’re ready.

28 Tracey February 9, 2012 at 9:51 pm

So much love to you, Kimba!

29 Yasemin February 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Ohhh Great:)

30 Yasemin February 11, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Harika… Paylaşımlarınız için tebrikler ve teşekkürler.:)

31 Porch Days February 12, 2012 at 1:09 am

It sounds like you are burned out and needed a break. Just give it time.

32 Traci February 14, 2012 at 3:08 am

I am extremely grateful for you being okay… and also that you did not feel the need to people-please on our account. I know that blogworld can be a consuming place when a blog becomes an obligation and I’m grateful that you were able to accept a stepping back from it with grace and not push through to post something in spite of it. Cheers to you and to whatever God is doing in your life!

33 Durai February 20, 2012 at 7:53 am

Very nice, Really looking great….

34 BellaVita February 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm

When nothing horrific happens, I chalk that up to a good day. I can’t even watch news anymore, its too depressing. Take care of you, then just keep doing it.

35 Valere February 24, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Praying that you find words again, the right words, and that this time that you are spending away with Him will be just exactly what you need. Hope you know that you are missed and we all look forward to the day when you return. Knowing that you have the best ‘help source’ through Christ helps me know that all things will be just fine. Enjoy your time ‘away’. ♥

36 {darlene} @fieldstonehill February 28, 2012 at 1:20 pm

love you. that’s all.
blog or no blog.

God has a purpose for you, sweet friend. My guess is, if you are seeking Him, well, then, you are working toward His purposes and will.

37 Deborah March 1, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Hi Kimba!
I think you’ve said a lot right here.
And its very beautiful, real, and honest.
He’s got you right where He wants you…and that’s the best place to be.
Blessings!

In His love,
Deborah xo

38 Mrs. Jen B March 7, 2012 at 9:49 am

Dear Kimba,

I’m so glad nothing extreme happened.

And I do understand where you are right now – at least, generally.

There have been several times over the course of my blogging life when I’ve stepped away. Twice had to do with loss/grief, but once was a time when I really just…had nothing. Nothing to give, no energy to devote to this part of the world. At times it was difficult enough to live my “real” life, and by the time I got home from work all I could do was collapse and hibernate til the next day required more of me.

I returned when I felt up to it, and not a moment sooner. You do what you need to do for yourself and take all the time you need. And if you don’t come back to it, well, it’s your life my friend – be happy with it. You have a lot of virtual support coming your way, no matter your choice.

39 Maricris @ SittingAround March 10, 2012 at 8:35 am

Maybe God is planning something big for you. Put your trust in Him and everything will be alright. :-)

40 Kristin@ Brinf Pretty Back March 12, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I wish we could sit and have a cup of coffee and talk this over -(and over) ! I get it! i get it!
Hugs –