The Longboard Girls

by Kimba on October 12, 2011

in Favorite Things,Real Me

Some days I can barely put one foot in front of the other without falling on my face. On those days, The Longboard Girls inspire me all the more. Just watching them makes me want to get up and move.

These lovely girls know how to go fast. The mom in me wants to say “Slow down!”, “Be careful!” and “Don’t get hurt!”. Probably because I say it hundreds of times each day to my own kids. Not to mention to myself inside my own head over and over and over.

But why? Is getting hurt really the worst thing that can happen? Or would it be worse to miss His plan for me because I’m afraid to live. Afraid to get hurt. Afraid to fail.

Trust me. Hit play on this video. The music from The Decemberists will get your heart pumping. And The Longboard Girls might just inspire you to let go of your fear, get your board and fly! But please don’t blame me if you skin your knee.

Be Sociable, Share!

1 Southern Gal October 12, 2011 at 11:49 am

My two boys watched this with me. The older one who is 20 and competes in downhill mountain biking said he was impressed. 😉 I think he wants to go to Spain now.
Southern Gal´s last blog post ..Zoo Trip

2 Sherry October 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Love the music and love these girls!

3 Suesan October 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Kimba, that looks so fun. My daughter just went longboarding a few weeks back with my niece. I’ve sent them the video.

Here’s to a few metaphorical skinned knees! Thanks for sharing.
Suesan´s last blog post ..Our Own Campground

4 Heathahlee October 12, 2011 at 1:19 pm

That. looks. so. fun!!!!!! Cool, too. 🙂
Heathahlee´s last blog post ..31 Days of Worship – Not a Spectator Sport

5 yaniv October 12, 2011 at 4:58 pm

When i was a child i used to skate , but after i saw the video i fell like want to do it again , that looks so much fun
yaniv´s last blog post ..Setting a Large Camping Tent

6 Michelle F October 12, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Your post touched me. I don’t do so many things simply because I’m afraid of the unknown. Thank you for sharing.

7 emily@remodelingthislife October 13, 2011 at 8:06 am

My kids and I watched this yesterday when I read your post in my reader. Love the video and love your message.

xo

8 Tony Scott October 13, 2011 at 11:09 pm

It is really inspiring and fascinating to watch those girls go fast with their longboards. It is an affirmation of the capabilities of the modern woman! keep it up but be safe always!
Tony Scott´s last blog post ..OSHA Issues New Laboratory Safety Guidelines – With GHS Info – Safety Training Thursday

9 Dana @ Cooking at Cafe D October 14, 2011 at 8:50 am

Makes me remember the wipe-out I took on my skateboard. I was 9 and it was the day before school photos. Someplace I still have the pic.

I scabbed up my top lip and my right wrist still nears a quarter-sized scar.

Mom said don’t do it.
I survived to tell the story.

Sometimes, you gotta hit that find that bump in the sidewalk with your own board to know what to watch for next time 🙂

Loved the video, Kimba. Thanks!
Dana @ Cooking at Cafe D´s last blog post ..31 Days To a More Organized Life: Day 13 – Filling the Wasted Space

10 gila October 15, 2011 at 6:46 am

Great point! But I can not help myself – the maternal instinct stronger than me and my love for fast driving. I am sending our son with his father on a bike and roller-skating just not to see it.  still working on my on! Thank you!
gila´s last blog post ..הדרכת הורים

11 Tamara October 15, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I don’tthink I would dare try this due to my complete fear of falling 🙂 Very fun anyway!

12 barak October 17, 2011 at 11:18 am

I love this vid. they looks so happy to go fast. I wish i had this kind of beautiful sidewalks to cruize
barak´s last blog post ..Old Dog & New Tricks – Deaf dog tricks, step 2 (Teach good sign)

13 judith October 22, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I’m trying to convince my son to ride a longboard but he’s scared
judith´s last blog post ..medium hairstyles with bangs

14 Stephane Tarver October 25, 2011 at 8:48 am

I love this..These ladies are awsome…