Places I Land:: Fall-ification

by Kimba on October 7, 2011

in Favorite Things,Seasonal Projects

There’s something about fall that brings out all of my best nesting instincts. I want to bring out my snuggly blankets and fall-ify my home. I probably won’t have time to do them all, but here are just a few of the beautiful fall projects that I’ve seen lately.

I would love to have a beautiful front porch so I can fall-ify it like this one from BHG.

Chicken wire pumpkin (and wheat stalks made from twine!) @ Craftberry Bush

Love this tray with gourds, candles and hedge apples via BHG. We call those green things monkey balls around here (I know not why), but they’re all over my street!

Adorable cardboard owls from Altered Perceptions on Etsy.

Did you have fun with your Summer List? How about a Fall Bucket List? Free printable available from Loves of Life.

I love felt and I adore this fall leaves garland via A Beautiful Mess.

Framed fall leaves via BHG. Love the way these look between the clear glass.

1 Teri Mahl October 7, 2011 at 10:32 am

These Fall leaves in the glass frames are my favorite, I think. Unless, of course, I could move and have the whole front door with the steps shot! Amazing to have a place like that.

2 Debbie October 7, 2011 at 10:57 am

I love the front porce and the bucket list. Thanks for sharing.

Around here, we call the monkey balls — osage oranges. I have no idea why either.

3 Kathleen Grace October 7, 2011 at 11:14 am

Beautiful inspiration, look at all the gorgeous color and texture! On word of warning though, I picked up some of those “monkey balls” several years ago for a fall arrangement in a bowl. I thought they were so pretty! In the middle of the night I had to get up (from the other end of the house!) and put them outside. they stunk to hugh heaven!

4 Jennifer October 7, 2011 at 11:14 am

Sigh. Oh how I love fallification. Thank you for all the great inspiration! I have so many projects on my fall list. :)
Jennifer´s last blog ..studio sneak peek… let your soul soar.My ComLuv Profile

5 Bobbi October 7, 2011 at 11:51 am

Beautiful autumn inspiration! And for yet another version of hedge apples, the kids around here call them “monkey brains.”

6 Tamara October 7, 2011 at 1:46 pm

What great inspiration! thanks :)

7 Christi {Jealous Hands} October 7, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Oh my, those owls? Too stinkin’ CUTE!!

8 cath October 8, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Great ideas!

The “monkey balls” are osage oranges. I like to use them in fall decor and I also use them on my porch decor through the winter holidays. Because of all the urban sprawl, the trees in our area are becoming very scarce.
Some sites indicated the seeds are eatible. I was always told osage oranges were not eatible I’m not willing to find out.

9 emily October 8, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I love the tray idea! I have been trying to come up with great ideas on how to “fall-ify” my home and this is the perfect thing for our living room!!! I can’t wait to try it out :)
emily´s last blog ..Another Check on the Checklist!My ComLuv Profile

10 Katie October 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Thanks for featuring our owls! We’ve had great traffic to the site from yours :) About 50 of your followers have checked us out. GREAT! To those interested, we are running a sale on some cardboard bat party decorations – you get extra bats for no extra cost. Also, an October FRIENDS coupon: ALTEREDFRIEND2011 will get you 25% off your total order!!! Shop more, save more. Best wishes and thanks again for checking us out.
Katie´s last blog ..Cloud Watching on an Autumn Afternoon: Shell DanglesMy ComLuv Profile

11 Hen @ TheRoosterAndTheHen October 8, 2011 at 10:50 pm

What great inspiration, I love these pics, thanks for sharing. I’m your newest follower :-)
Hen @ TheRoosterAndTheHen´s last blog ..Liebster Blog AwardMy ComLuv Profile

12 gila October 9, 2011 at 4:39 pm

i love this one: Chicken wire pumpkin (and wheat stalks made from twine!) @ Craftberry Bush

thank you for great idea!
gila´s last blog ..קבלה לעםMy ComLuv Profile

13 Dana @ Cooking at Cafe D October 10, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Those leave suspended in glass are wonderful! (I just had to Pinterest them!)

We have an Autumn bucket list but it’s just on the back of the door. I’m pretty excited about it :) So far, our Summer list was a hit.
Dana @ Cooking at Cafe D´s last blog ..31 Days To a More Organized Life: Day 10 – Simple Safety TipsMy ComLuv Profile

14 MC- I LOVE HOME RENOVATIONS October 24, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I love the Fall bucket list idea! It’s a small home renovation! It takes no plaster or carpentry, no paint per se’, but there are so many ways one could use it for fun. The leaves in shadow boxes works well too – inexpensive design elements.
MC- I LOVE HOME RENOVATIONS´s last blog ..DIY Renos: Begin with A PermitMy ComLuv Profile