Nothing to See Here

by Kimba on October 25, 2011

in Uncategorized

But there’s something worth seeing here.

Do you have a fake family? I do. It’s the one I made up in my head and it gives my real family an impossibly high standard to reach. My fake family never fights during game night, they sweetly try a few bites of everything on their plates, and they never leave their dirty underpants on the bathroom floor.

My fake family and my real family have been duking it out in my brain lately. I suspect that Jen Hatmaker’s fake family lives next door to my fake family.

1 Marion October 25, 2011 at 9:10 am

I think I see a lot of “fake families” on Facebook! There’s beauty in the messy, sometimes rude, very funny real family!

2 Kacey @ Refreshed Decor October 25, 2011 at 9:20 am

I loved that! Oh, the impossible standard of a fake family…

Thanks for sharing!
Kacey @ Refreshed Decor´s last blog ..Oatmeal cookiesMy ComLuv Profile

3 rebecca, who is the smokin hot mama (with no cellulite) of a fake family October 25, 2011 at 9:30 am

My fake family would put everyone’s to shame. We are AMAZING.

Loved this.
rebecca, who is the smokin hot mama (with no cellulite) of a fake family´s last blog ..Way #24: Versatility Is Your BFFMy ComLuv Profile

4 Shannon October 25, 2011 at 9:48 am

Kimba – miss seeing posts from you and this was great. My fake family lives in Pinterest, in case you wondered! Thank you so much for sharing this!!!!!!!!

5 Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D October 25, 2011 at 11:30 am

Kimba,
I’m a big ol’ copy cat today.
I sent my reaaders to Jen, too.
(All 3 of them – lol!)

Thank you so much for lining to Jen’s post.

Tonight I’ll be taking a good long at my fake Family – and their little dog Tiger, too. (Am I the only one who wanted to be the 7th Brady sibling?)
Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D´s last blog ..31 Days To a More Organized Life: Day 23 – No, Really…Look Over There!My ComLuv Profile

6 Erin @ Out on A Limb... October 25, 2011 at 1:41 pm

This was just what I needed today, Kimba. I feel like a dog chasing her tail lately, trying to meet the impossible standards I sometimes set for myself for having or keeping it all together. I’ve been thinking about blogging about it. Thanks for the reality check.

Have a great day,
Erin from Out on a Limb…

7 Brown Eyed Girl October 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Fake Families are annoying, boring, uptight, and intimidating to hang with. Basically, the opposite of your Real Family. Which is why MY real family loves yours so much!

8 Sarah October 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Bwahhahahahahahahahaah…that was great, thanks for sharing!

9 annie Wilcox Designs October 25, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Fake is the new black and we can all relate. Thanks, she is a hoot.

10 Larissa October 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I have a fake husband….
Larissa´s last blog ..How to Look Natural MakeUp TipsMy ComLuv Profile

11 Michelle October 30, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Great post! Such real-ness! My fake family died a few years ago ;)
Michelle´s last blog ..A Special Date NightMy ComLuv Profile

12 {darlene} October 31, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I was just enjoying my fake family…. right up until I screamed my head off at them to get into their costumes or I will throw out all of their candy…..
yeah. fake…..

MISS YOU already!!!

13 Lisa Lyons November 1, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I thought I was the only one with a “fake family” in her brain!:)

Lisa

14 Carol Ann from Mom It Forward November 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm

This was so funny and so true!

15 Jamie@HandlingWithGrace November 5, 2011 at 11:44 am

Hilarious. My fake family is both potty trained and doesn’t pee on the toilet seat either. ;)
Jamie@HandlingWithGrace´s last blog ..Christmas list and hakuna matataMy ComLuv Profile

16 Paula Grace November 6, 2011 at 7:57 pm

That is funny! My family is actually pretty good. Now if I can just get them to close drawers and cabinets completely, I’d be a happier camper :-) Seriously what is up with that??!

17 Apple November 7, 2011 at 6:32 am

Apple´s last blog ..Arizona Gets Inside Information on the 12 Myths of Bankruptcy – Myths 7-9My ComLuv Profile

18 Holly November 8, 2011 at 4:09 am

I don’t need to create fake family. I am very much contented with my loved ones even though there are times of hard fights.
Holly´s last blog ..Rank FirstMy ComLuv Profile

19 Susie Harris November 8, 2011 at 10:05 am

Hi Kimba! How I adore this post. I too have a fake family in my head. But then I stop. I hear the quiet of my house in its neat state. Stale almost…and then I quickly run home to my sweet unperfect family. It’s always nice to visit but there is no place like home :)
I sure miss chatting with you. Susie~

20 Tracey November 10, 2011 at 6:42 am

My fake family tries to show up in public, when I want my kids to behave perfectly at the grocery store or when we go out to eat. And it’s not fun for anyone when my fake family shows up.

Thanks for calling out fake families Kimba!
Tracey´s last blog ..Bye Bye Batwing Drawer PullsMy ComLuv Profile

21 Greg November 10, 2011 at 6:18 pm

This was just what I needed nowadays, Kimba. I feel like a canine chasing her tail lately, making an attempt to meet the unattainable expectations I occasionally set for myself for possessing or retaining it all with each other. I’ve been contemplating about blogging about it. Many thanks for the truth examine.
Greg´s last blog ..What Men Really Want from WomenMy ComLuv Profile

22 gertie @ The Old Block House November 15, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I haven’t the energy or attention span most days to create a fake family. With all the battles we’ve had through the years just getting them to their teens, I wouldn’t trade them for anything.

23 Jade@ourmississauga.ca December 6, 2011 at 3:48 am

Lucky to have a real family…thanks for sharing and now i know what is fake family;)