Places I Land

by Kimba on September 16, 2011

in Favorite Things

Happy Friday, my friends. There’s a bit of fall in there air in Pennsylvania and we have a weekend of seasonal activities planned. Football and fall festivals to mention two. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Here are just a few beautiful things that I discovered this week.

Adri from Dream Book Design shows us how to build an under-the-sink cabinet. I may be in love with her beautiful laundry room.

Oh Happy Day shares how to create abstract art that you’ll actually want to hang on your walls!

Speaking of abstract art, I’m inspired to create my own finger painting. Elise Blaha shows us how.

Have you seen this awesomeness at BHG? IKEA Billy bookcases + Lowe’s kitchen wall cabinet + cut-to-fit shelf for seating + wainscoting create a mudroom for around $300.

1 Jenny@EvolutionofStyle September 16, 2011 at 9:19 am

Now that mudroom idea is just. plain. fabulous. I love it (and all mudrooms in general for that matter). Great stuff – thanks for sharing!!

2 Kimba September 16, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I’m a lover of all things mudroom too! Someday I want a beautifully planned one.
Kimba´s last blog ..Places I LandMy ComLuv Profile

3 adrianne@dreambookdesign September 16, 2011 at 11:32 am

Kimba,
Thank you so much for featuring out laundry room! You are amazing!
<3,
Adri
Dream Book Design

4 Allie September 16, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I am in LOVE with the laundry room! Absolutely adorable. If my laundry room looked like that, I’d never leave, and I’d certainly never be behind on washing clothes:)
Allie´s last blog ..Getting Out of the Rut Series, Part 4: A Housekeeping ScheduleMy ComLuv Profile

5 Brown Eyed Girl September 16, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I heart the mudroom!! My family tracks in so much mud, it would be lovely for it to have its own special room. Hopefully someday… Sigh.

6 yaniv September 17, 2011 at 8:54 am

You have a good taste keep giveing us your tips :-)
yaniv´s last blog ..Looking For Used Camping Gear? – Things You Need To BringMy ComLuv Profile

7 Traci September 17, 2011 at 11:12 am

I Adore that last project! Thanks Kimba!

8 Leighann September 17, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I have that last one pinned…. thinking of redoing our mud room and I love how they used the Ikea bookcases.

9 The Southern Fried Bride September 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm

New follower. Love your blog!

10 barak September 19, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Great stuff! thank you for the reminder. You opened for me an whole new word of art&Craft
barak´s last blog ..Old Dog & New Tricks – Deaf dog tricks, step 2 (Teach good sign)My ComLuv Profile

11 Josanne September 20, 2011 at 7:45 am

LOVE the mudroom! So fresh, and organized!!!
I have a wall book shelf in my family room, and like the shelves pictured, I do have some decorative boxes. It makes even the little bits and pieces seem organized.

12 Susie September 21, 2011 at 9:53 am

Your mud room is fabulous. Love the pinks and greens. I like your benchseat. Looking to do something like this myself.

13 Jennifer Rizzo September 22, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I love that mudroom! I need one like that!