Can I Get an Amen?

by Kimba on August 24, 2011

in Artwork,Sanctuary at Home

I spotted this on Pinterest a few weeks ago and tracked down the original source for the artwork. You can download the free printable version over at Sweet Blessings. I’m thinking that I need to wallpaper my kitchen with it.

My weak little heart must be constantly reminded that I don’t need to compare myself to other people. It sucks the joy right out of living.

1 Centsational Girl August 24, 2011 at 3:58 pm

A to the men! You’ve touched on a subject I’ve been thinking about and been meaning to write about for awhile. Finding our bliss, serenity and peace comes from eliminating comparison from our lives. Thank you for the reminder!

xo
Kate

2 Kimberly August 24, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Amen indeed! Thanks for posting!

3 Nicole @ Scrap me baby August 24, 2011 at 4:10 pm

AMEN!! Oh boy, I needed to have this reminder today, so thanks!

4 Kristin August 24, 2011 at 4:18 pm

A great big AMEN! Love this! She has a great blog!

5 Ashley | Domestic Fashionista August 24, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Yes! Amen! I feel like there are fifty too many people in my life that are always trying to compete in life and it really gets under my skin. I am tired of feeling like I am not good enough. I am most definitely going to add this saying to one of my chalkboards today!

6 Charlene @ Adventures In Mommy Land August 24, 2011 at 5:38 pm

AMEN!!

I must remember this always!
Charlene @ Adventures In Mommy Land´s last blog ..Who Knew Weeds Had Such Pretty NamesMy ComLuv Profile

7 Andrea August 24, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Yes you can get an AMEN!! Thank you for this reminder today. I was just talking about this to my hubby last night.

8 Kerri August 24, 2011 at 6:57 pm

AMEN!!! Thanks for this reminder!!

9 Ms Sharealot August 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm

So true! And for some reason, women get caught in the comparison trap and steal our own joy. So sad!
Ms Sharealot´s last blog ..Top 10 Summer Don’tsMy ComLuv Profile

10 gina August 24, 2011 at 7:25 pm

So very true!! I used to suffer greatly from it – would visit a friend, then feel blue when I walked into my own shabby abode. ridiculous, as our home was always clean and well-cared for. I had to teach myself to recognize my blessings and add contentment to my thinking. Love this sign! (:

11 Laural Out Loud August 24, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I’ve been trying to be content with my simple life, living within a community that has so much more, and this is a great reminder that what I have is JOY! And that is so much better.
Laural Out Loud´s last blog ..Two Bear Stories, Only One Happy EndingMy ComLuv Profile

12 Lorarian89 August 24, 2011 at 9:54 pm

so simple and yet so true! AMEN!
Lorarian89´s last blog ..tactical vestsMy ComLuv Profile

13 Jennifer August 24, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Oh goodness… Amen! Theodore is one smart man!
Jennifer´s last blog ..no fear.My ComLuv Profile

14 Jenny August 25, 2011 at 1:37 am

Its simplicity makes me love it! AMEN…
Jenny´s last blog ..game angry birdsMy ComLuv Profile

15 jeanne August 25, 2011 at 8:40 am

Good morning Kimba, Just a happy hello this morning. Happy because I am enjoying some rare time on my computer. I hope all is well with you and yours.
Blessings, Jeanne
jeanne´s last blog ..VINTAGE THINGY THURSDAY – BIRDS WE LOVEMy ComLuv Profile

16 Gretchen August 25, 2011 at 9:02 am

A RESOUNDING amen!!!
I just wrote a post about that very thing last week! :)

17 Richella at Imparting Grace August 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Yes, ma’am, you can. AMEN!

I think maybe I need wallpaper of this, too. That comparison thief is a sneak thief–a cat burglar. Sneaks in without my realizing it and poof! Joy is gone. Bad news.

Thanks for the reminder!
Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog ..Back to school with the English teacherMy ComLuv Profile

18 Jamie @ charmingly ordinary August 25, 2011 at 1:37 pm

SO. TRUE. That TR was one smart dude.

19 Leighann August 25, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Amen! Something I’m trying to teach my young girls.

20 Krystelle August 27, 2011 at 2:35 am

amen, why can’t we be contented and thankful of what God have provide us. That’s the real joy we can have.
Krystelle´s last blog ..review of Hebrew onlineMy ComLuv Profile

21 Meg August 28, 2011 at 2:38 am

Amen! Yes, if we always compare ourselves to others, we not only lose joy but we will lose our sense of self. :)