Displaying Kid’s Artwork: Love This!

by Kimba on July 15, 2011

in Artwork,Crafty Stuff,Do it yourself

Several months ago, I shared the Kid’s Artwork Gallery Wall that I put together in my hallway. Over the summer, we’ve created lots of new masterpieces, so I’ve been changing out the artwork pretty regularly. The only downside to my display is that taking down the frames and changing out the artwork is a bit of a pain.

So when I stumbled across this fab idea on Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss, I declared it genius!

She hung the empty frames directly on the wall and nailed up those little pinch clips that make it easy to change out the artwork.

See? Brilliant! And did I mention the gorgeous turquoise color? Love.

Thanks to Julie from Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss for sharing your fabulous gallery wall! You made my day!

1 Erin @ Out on A Limb... July 15, 2011 at 9:27 am

This is one of those simple, but brilliant ideas that make you wonder how you’ve never thought of it. What a great idea. Creating a gallery for their artwork in each of my kids’ rooms is on the list for the summer. This will help me update frequently and use their walls’ paint colors as a pretty mat! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.
Erin
Erin @ Out on A Limb…´s last blog ..Favorites Friday: Summer beautyMy ComLuv Profile

2 carrie July 15, 2011 at 9:31 am

I love the color of the frames and how they are hollow/empty so you can tack up the newest art! So great!

3 Michelle July 15, 2011 at 10:02 am

LOVE it!! What a great way to switch out priceless art on the fly!
Michelle´s last blog ..One, two, three…Draw!My ComLuv Profile

4 A Creative Spirit July 15, 2011 at 11:30 am

How cute is that… I have some frames that I have been painting. I plan to put them on the wall empty and then add fun things I come across….. looks like some of the grandkids artwork just may find it’s way in…..

5 Jamie @ charmingly ordinary July 15, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Yep. You’re right. Totally genius! The whole empty frames thing reminds me of the Friends intro… :)

6 anna see July 15, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Brilliant! I may need to do that!

7 Susan @ Busy Home Adventures July 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm

That is super cute! I didn’t even notice the clips until they were shown up close. What a delicious little spot.

8 Julie July 15, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Well, thank YOU, Kimba for featuring this :) So glad you all like it!
Julie´s last blog ..Super-Easy Strawberry DipMy ComLuv Profile

9 Amy @ Gospel Homemaking July 15, 2011 at 8:20 pm

When I showed this to my husband, he had the great idea of filling the frames with cork so the art could be hung up (an easily changed out) with push pins. Thanks so much for the inspiration. This project is going on my To Do List!
Amy @ Gospel Homemaking´s last blog ..Tell Your Time Sale!My ComLuv Profile

10 Kerri July 15, 2011 at 8:52 pm

love this!! the colour of the frames, the ease of changing the the art work…Brilliant!!
Thanks for sharing!!

11 Missy @ It's Almost Naptime July 16, 2011 at 12:57 am

AHHHHH! I am about to paint my kitchen wall and wondering how I could do the artwork thing. LOVE THIS! I am shamelessly copying.
Missy @ It’s Almost Naptime´s last blog ..Just a man and his will to plankMy ComLuv Profile

12 Glenda July 16, 2011 at 7:35 am

This is really a brilliant idea!!!! My kids loves to draw anime character if they’re done they just paste it in. You give me a great great idea!!!!
thanks for sharing..
Glenda´s last undefined ..The version of CommentLuv on this site is out of date and will soon stop working. Please ask the webmaster to update their CommentLuv in the dashboard of this site! This version will continue to work for a few more weeks and then stop.My ComLuv Profile

13 Shelley @ Calypso In The Country July 16, 2011 at 9:02 am

Very cute idea! I do love the permanent look of yours but you are right – the kids are always bringing home some new creation!
-Shelley

14 Texas Preacher Woman July 17, 2011 at 7:26 pm

You called it, girl! GENIUS!

Grins,
Pamm

15 Sarah@Espresso Makers and Machines July 17, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Wow I love this! Yeah I totally agree this is really a genius idea. And now you gave me an idea what to put in my kids’ room empty wall. Thank you!
Sarah@Espresso Makers and Machines´s last blog ..jura-capressoMy ComLuv Profile

16 mkw July 17, 2011 at 11:15 pm

My frames are organized and ready to go up . . . I’m planning to put wood panels in each frame but first painting them with magnet paint and then again with paint the color of my walls. This way I can easily hang artwork with magnets.

17 Heathahlee July 17, 2011 at 11:42 pm

I love that idea! I wish I had had wall space to do that with when Kiddo was a drawing maniac. Now he’s a guitar maniac. That doesn’t go on the wall so well. : )
Heathahlee´s last blog ..Tassel Tuesday – LighthouseMy ComLuv Profile

18 Jennifer Smith August 17, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Displaying your kids’ art work is definitely one good way to boost your kids’ talent and potential when it comes to improving his or her skill.. it doesn’t only show that you are proud of your kid but it also helps to give them a sense of recognition
Jennifer Smith´s last blog ..The Secret to a Successful Outdoor Camping ActivityMy ComLuv Profile