101 Ideas for the 4th of July!

by Kimba on June 17, 2011

in Entertaining,Favorite Things,Seasonal Projects

It’s only the middle of June, but I’ve already got Independence Day on my mind. We have a large 4th of July party every year and I start planning for it in May. What started as a small get-together with a few friends has grown over the years and we’re expecting at least 70 people this year.

It’s day of fun, family, freedom and love for our country. Add in some delicious food, rowdy games and fireworks and you have a perfect day.

I’ve assembled a huge collection of July 4th inspiration over on Pinterest. At last count, there were 101 ideas and I’m still adding more! There are recipes, decorations, crafts, party games, free printables and even a rockin’ summer party playlist. Everything you need to throw a steller July 4th party. Check it out on Pinterest!

Over the next couple of weeks, I’ll be sharing some of my own projects. But I thought you might like to see my inspiration files in the meantime. If you have a great project, leave a link in the comments section!

What are your plans for the 4th of July?

1 randee June 17, 2011 at 11:42 am

kimba – thanks for including me on your 4th of july ideas on pinterest.

we’re having our family reunion on the 3rd this year so all of the ideas will be come in handy! i have my dining room table stacked high with all the red, white & blue stuff i’ve accumulated over the years. this year will be special because one of my nephews is coming home from afghanistan the day before & we all get to celebrate his homecoming together!

looking forward to seeing more ideas from you -

2 sondra June 17, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Thank you so much for posting all the patriotic ideas! I so enjoy your blog! You always have such great ideas,information, ect. Thanks for all the time you put in to do it!
sondra´s last blog ..Yard WorkMy ComLuv Profile

3 Angela June 17, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Oooooh, thank you!!! Besides Christmas the 4th of July is my favorite holiday to decorate!!!!!
Angela´s last blog ..Yard Sale FavoritesMy ComLuv Profile

4 Richella at Imparting Grace June 17, 2011 at 1:50 pm

July 4 is one of the times I really miss living in the North! Our little town in Michigan had a wonderful Independence Day parade every year–it was hometown heaven! Around here, people hunker around the air conditioning vents on July 4, perhaps venturing outside to turn the food on the grill. Maybe we should just throw open the doors and let some of the cool air out onto the porch so we can have a semblance of a summer celebration!
Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog ..Dinner for Real- Its back!My ComLuv Profile

5 Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage June 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Love the pinboard Kimba!! We always go to a neighbors party so I don’t get to do the entertaining! Here is a wreath I made though:

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage´s last blog ..Jewelry Box Makeover – from little girl to pre teen!My ComLuv Profile

6 linda (burlap+blue) June 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm

LOVE these-thanks for the inspiration!

7 Brandi @ Frugal Farmhouse June 19, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I am so obssessed with the 4th of July! I love love love all of these!

8 Michael June 21, 2011 at 2:22 am

I am performing on the 4th of July, with my friends..

;)
Michael´s last blog ..2D to 3D conversionMy ComLuv Profile

9 Kate June 23, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Can’t wait for the 4th of July!! So much fun!
Kate´s last blog ..Singapore- A Perfect Destination To Enjoy Memorable HolidayMy ComLuv Profile