More 4th of July Inpiration: Flags, Flags and More Flags

by Kimba on June 30, 2011

in decorating,Entertaining,Seasonal Projects

We’re having a party for over 70 people on Sunday and I’m having a ball making things a little festive around here.

I may have a problem, though. I bought a bunch of American flags from Oriental Trading Company and the craft store a few weeks ago and I’m putting them everywhere!

All along my front sidewalk tucked in among the Annabelle Hydrangeas.

In my pots of ferns on the front stoop.

In my Front Door Hydrangea Basket.

And, of course, a few inside too.

Need some ideas for the 4th? Check out my Independence Day Pinterest board for a HUGE amount of inspiration!

Do you have any plans for the 4th?

1 Jen (Balancing Beauty and Bedlam) June 30, 2011 at 9:16 am

Can you make it 71 people? I want to come. HOW FUN! And ordering those flags from Oriental Trading? SO SMART! WE have 100 teens coming tonight, but I am giving up on making this “party” special…more like – put out the chips and soda and let them create their own fun since I know they will not care about the decorating I had planned. ;)

MISS YOU!!
Jen (Balancing Beauty and Bedlam)´s last blog ..My Favorite Mindless Fun: Chick FlicksMy ComLuv Profile

2 marion June 30, 2011 at 10:04 am

How about 72?

Happy, just so happy! These flags set the stage for a wonderful celebration! Love that you are using them everywhere!

Have a wonderful party!

3 Chrissy June 30, 2011 at 10:08 am

Looks so festive! Enjoy your party!
Chrissy´s last blog ..A Kid In A Leg Cast ContinuedMy ComLuv Profile

4 Jenn June 30, 2011 at 10:34 am

I love your flags – especially the ones on your walkway with your hydrangeas – beautiful! Have a great weekend and a happy 4th!
Jenn´s last blog ..Bye Bye BirdyMy ComLuv Profile

5 Kathy Martin June 30, 2011 at 10:53 am

I’ve always used a bunch of flags for 4th decorating. So inexpensive and easy and they have the perfect pop of color. Looks awesome! :)

6 Shannon June 30, 2011 at 12:59 pm

LOVE IT! It looks so festive & I’m just loving how you are opening your home to 70 people to celebrate our country.

I also wanted to let you know (don’t have outlook so I can’t email you privately & have to now wear my heart on my sleeve) that you are one of my most favorite bloggers. I love that your style has remained rather constant while still being tweaked/improved/redone. Underneath it all you can sense your orginial style is there – only better. Please keep up the great job you do sharing not only your home but glimpses into the life you are building for your family. It is inspiring to me to continue finding our style while focusing on the things that truly make life wonderful – family, friends & freedom. Happiest 4th to you & yours!

7 Sylvia June 30, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Love all the flags. Have a great celebration and God Bless America.

8 Bloggymom June 30, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Cute decoration idea. I have a few around my house as well.

70 people?!! Wow!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Bloggymom´s last blog ..4th of July CookiesMy ComLuv Profile

9 Erin@Out on a Limb... June 30, 2011 at 8:17 pm

So fun and festive! Your pics look like something from a magazine and are a great example of simple, elegant and inexpensive decorating.

Enjoy your party. Have a fabulous Fourth!

10 Sandy @ RE June 30, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Kimba, Happy 4th! Have a wonderful party. I have flags around, too … Miss you, girl!

11 mum of all trades July 1, 2011 at 7:57 am

I love how you americans are so patriotic, and youa lways do celebrations so well. I was in California once for the 4th of July its a fabulous tradition. Enjoy!
mum of all trades´s last blog ..Chunky Crochet CushionMy ComLuv Profile

12 JULIAN July 12, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Love the flags, this is a great way to add a personal touch to your 4th of July celebrations, dont just limit it this event try it when you have some spare time, and make a personal ornament or something to decorate a old area of the house.