Front Door Hydrangea Basket

by Kimba on June 27, 2011

in Crafty Stuff,decorating

I’ve been wanting something new for my front door for a while now, but I can never figure out what to put on the door in the summer. A wreath feels too fall-ish or winter-ish. And I’m not a huge fan of fake flowers, but these silk hydrangeas look almost as good as my real ones.

When I saw them at the craft store last week, I was inspired to create a summer hydrangea basket that is huge and fabulous! At least I think so. And it’s my blog. So there.

The basket has a flat back, so it lays nicely against the door. And the fake hydrangeas are HUGE so I only needed 3 or 4 of them to fill the basket…along with some other green, leafy stuff from my stash.

And that’s it!

What do you put on your door in the summer?

1 Jo June 27, 2011 at 9:08 am

Love this!
I struggle with the front door decor and often just leave it bare. This look reminds me of the door fronts in Annapolis ~ so quaint and welcoming.

Jo

2 Trish @TheOldPostRoad June 27, 2011 at 9:10 am

Looks great, Kimba! I JUST posted a photo of some dried hydrangeas I used in my guest bedroom.
-Trish
Trish @TheOldPostRoad´s last blog ..The Remodeled BedroomMy ComLuv Profile

3 Jenny@EvolutionofStyle June 27, 2011 at 9:16 am

My front door is naked! This is a great look – love it! I heart hydrangeas and have them in my yard of my new house (first time). So, I like this look even more. :-)

4 sarah June 27, 2011 at 9:26 am

Looks great Kimba- question, what are those two plants on either side of your door, nearest to the door?

5 Laura June 27, 2011 at 10:13 am

Beautiful! I would drive by your house and then circle around again so I could look at your door a second time. (Because I am crazy like that.) And I would think, “If the door is that pretty, the rest of the house must be amazing. And I bet her laundry room is even beautifully decorated and organized!” Okay, I did have inside bloggy knowledge about the laundry room, but the rest of it really would happen!

6 Deborah June 27, 2011 at 10:32 am

Beautiful!
I love the contrast of the green and the black door!
Our door is black too…looks just like this one :)
And our brick is similar coloured…with white siding.
Your entryway is stunning!!

Deborah xo
Deborah´s last blog ..Momma & daughters birthday party!My ComLuv Profile

7 Karen June 27, 2011 at 10:55 am

Love this! Wonderful idea and the ribbon adds such a nice touch. Just wondering how you have the ribbon attached and to what. I am now on the hunt for a large flat back basket. :)

8 Joy June 27, 2011 at 11:07 am

The basket and hydrangeas in the basket really pop.
- Joy
Joy´s last blog ..Welcome to Patty from The Shabby Chick and … painted shelvesMy ComLuv Profile

9 Michelle June 27, 2011 at 11:14 am

Completely.Inspired. It’s beautiful and I’m finding myself trying to squeeze in a trip to the craft store on my lunch break!
Michelle´s last blog ..Once upon a time, there was a desk…My ComLuv Profile

10 Stacey June 27, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Love it and this would work well for my very low maintenance lifestyle!

Thanks for inspiring!
Stacey´s last blog ..Multitude MondayMy ComLuv Profile

11 Crystal June 27, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Oh, I love it!! It looks great with your door color, too!

12 Jessica S. June 27, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Looks fabulously lush….my front door is shaded and silks tend to mildew fairly quickly…I sometimes use fresh flowers in water vile(s) within a tin wall basket …

Enjoy your day!
J.

13 anh June 27, 2011 at 4:33 pm

freaking fab! love it!!!
anh´s last blog ..Red & WhiteMy ComLuv Profile

14 DigiMom @ DigiCrumbs June 27, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Wow, love it! Your hydrangeas look so real and they really pop on your black front door. You inspired me to take a stroll through our craft stores floral section. :) Thanks!

DigiMom

15 Becca June 27, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I love hydrangeas … your arrangement is gorgeous and pops beautifully off of your door! Love your ferns, too!

16 Shelley @ Calypso In the Country June 27, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I love the way your door looks – so inviting. Right now my front door is boring and blank…I guess I should freshen it up a bit!
-Shelley

17 Jennifer June 27, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I have a big basket similar to this and I love how you used it! It looks beautiful! And I love your black door… I have been thinking about painting ours black, but I haven’t done it yet! :)
Jennifer´s last blog ..gifts.My ComLuv Profile

18 Jennifer June 28, 2011 at 7:23 am

I am a sucker for hydrangeas! so beautiful. My door is naked, I have a screen door/glass door in front of my wooden door so I havent ever put anything up before…but now I’m thinking maybe I should see if I could!

My last post- Budget yard makeover

19 Tracey June 28, 2011 at 10:36 pm

You always have answers to my questions! I have been wanting something, not a wreath, on my door for months. Thanks, K!
Tracey´s last blog ..40 by 40, an update!My ComLuv Profile

20 Kerri Smith June 29, 2011 at 10:16 am

Beautiful!! I love that it is NOT a wreath!!
This year I have up a hat with bright turquoise, orange and yellow flowers, and a turquoise ribbon…I made it for last year and just haven’t had time to whip up something new!!

21 yela June 30, 2011 at 12:48 am

Wow! I even let my hubby take a look a this…perfect! I think I will make something like this in my front door too, but of course something that’s slightly different but thanks for this great idea…You are perfectly creative!
yela´s last blog ..Dating Chat RoomsMy ComLuv Profile

22 JULIAN July 12, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Simple and easy looks great, for a more personal touch touch , head down to your local second hand or craft store and make a personalize piece of decor for you front door, http://www.lethalinspiration.com, check this out for ideas.

23 Debra C July 17, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I love it! How do you have the ribbon attached?

24 Beth@A2Z July 23, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Gorgeous Kimba! I love it :) .
Beth@A2Z´s last blog ..Tutes & Tips Not to Miss {21)My ComLuv Profile

25 Lizy August 7, 2011 at 5:10 am

I love it ! It’s very green and sort of environmental.
I guess all of your visitors love it.
Lizy´s last blog ..online dateMy ComLuv Profile