Got Ham?

by Kimba on April 25, 2011

in In the Kitchen

I love a good Easter ham. And, perhaps even more, I love good leftover Easter ham. On a biscuit. With cheese. Yum.

Now that our fridge is full of yummy leftovers, including ham (thanks Mom!), I knew it was the perfect time to try out this amazing 2-Ingredient Biscuit recipe that I found in the newspaper a few months ago.

I didn’t believe you could create a fluffy, delicious biscuit with only 2 ingredients…self-rising flour and whipping cream. But it’s true! Cue the angels singing!!!

Here’s the ridiculously simple recipe:

• 2 cups self-rising flour
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  1. Preheat oven to 450°.
  2. Combine flour and cream in a mixing bowl until just blended. The dough will be stiff. I added a few more splashes of cream to loosen it up a bit.
  3. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 5-10 times.
  4. Roll to 1/2″ thickness and cut with a 3″ biscuit cutter (or a floured glass like I did).
  5. Place biscuits close together on a lightly greased baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes.

If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can substitute 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt for each cup of self-rising flour.

I was very skeptical when I saw there were only 2 ingredients. But it works and Oh. My. Word. Delish. They’re fluffy, tender and all kinds of yummy.

The only downside to this recipe is that the biscuits don’t keep well. You need to make ‘em and eat ‘em. No problem. They’re so easy that you can whip ‘em up on a moment’s notice.

Here’s how I love my leftover Easter ham biscuits. A little butter on the bottom biscuit, ham, cheese (preferably swiss, but mild chedder or american will do in a pinch), mustard on the top biscuit.

They’re also yum with my strawberry freezer jam.

Looks like I’m not the only fan of leftover ham biscuits around here.

Biscuit recipe via Relish Magazine

1 Laurel April 25, 2011 at 12:17 pm

My kiddos would love these. We actually eat gluten free, but this is way easy to alter!

2 Stacey April 25, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I just read in “Southern Living” that Knoxville has a “Biscuit Festival”. A whole festival for biscuits!

And these look like Yum! Thanks Kimba!
Stacey´s last blog ..Multitude MondayMy ComLuv Profile

3 jennifer April 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm

The biscuits are really this easy to make.. Ok I am a skeptic but I will try it.
jennifer´s last blog ..My brave little boyMy ComLuv Profile

4 Amy April 26, 2011 at 9:42 am

After seeing this yesterday, I had to try it for dinner. Originally I was going to make ham and cheese calzones, but this was faster than pizza crust. The biscuits were easy and good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

5 Alana April 26, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Wow, I can’t believe there are only two ingredients. They look so yummy, I must try this recipe!
Alana´s last blog ..millies first birthdayMy ComLuv Profile

6 Leslie April 27, 2011 at 9:50 am

These biscuits were perfect! So light and fluffy. My husband couldn’t believe they were homemade. He thought all homemade biscuits were supposed to be dry and hard. :)

7 Megan April 27, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Made these for lunch yesterday and oh my, were they good! Thanks so much for the recipe!

8 Bonnie May 1, 2011 at 9:02 am

I saw this recipe in Relish and was intrigued. Even bought the self-rising flour. Maybe this testimonial will get me to actually make the biscuits!

9 dido May 2, 2011 at 6:55 pm

looks yum!!!!!!!! i eat kosher so i will use it with butter and jam !
thanks!
dido´s last blog ..ohh what a pain management specialist!!!!!!My ComLuv Profile

10 Karen L. May 13, 2011 at 1:44 pm

The mustard goes next to the cheese – I love it! It’s my mantra in sandwich building. :-)
Karen L.´s last blog ..Mothers DayMy ComLuv Profile