Who Does Pottery Barn Hack?

by Kimba on March 23, 2011

in Crafty Stuff,Seasonal Projects

Because I think their Anna Moss Basket looks a wee bit like my Moss Easter Basket from last year.

Check out this post for easy instructions for your own DIY Moss Basket.

Be Sociable, Share!

1 Lynn from For Love or Funny March 23, 2011 at 8:11 am

I’ve often wondered the same thing! Where do the Pottery Barn stylists get their inspiration? They always astound me.
Lynn from For Love or Funny´s last blog post ..I’m addicted to exclamation points!!!

2 jessie March 23, 2011 at 8:14 am

I agree I have seen many designs that make me go hmmm lol love the basket!
jessie´s last blog post ..Taking Risks

3 kim March 23, 2011 at 8:55 am

VERY interesting. Pottery Barn is so over priced, you’d think they could afford their own ideas 🙂
kim´s last blog post ..Photography Send Food for the Squirrels

4 Mom in High Heels March 23, 2011 at 10:16 am

Best comment ever!!!!
Mom in High Heels´s last blog post ..RTT- You like the towel animals!!

5 Debbie March 23, 2011 at 10:12 am

Hmmmmm…it does make you wonder. They get their ideas from somewhere….my ideas come to me as I lay in bed waiting for the coffee maker to get done in the morning….I get all my creative ideas then….and my honey do list for hubby!!!!
Hahaha
Blessings,
Debbie

6 Linda@Coastal Charm March 23, 2011 at 10:55 am

Thanks so much…can’t wait to make my own!

Blessings,
Linda

7 Loulou March 23, 2011 at 10:57 am

Kimba, when I saw PB’s Christmas collection and book bundles I emailed Marian at MMS. You KNOW they have people who look at blogs all day trying to find things to knock off. They should at least give you guys a cut…or atleast credit for the idea.

8 Vivienne @ The V Spot March 23, 2011 at 11:03 am

Of course they knock off what they see on blogs. We are the unpaid, unrecognized creative people. They are (not always, but often) the people who see a blogger’s idea, mock up a similar version and have it mass produced in China. They get the recognition, and therefore, the payment. It is this process that does not make me feel guilty even one tiny bit if I “knock off” something they do and spread the word on how to do it.
Vivienne @ The V Spot´s last blog post ..I take my coffee in the shower

9 Leanne March 23, 2011 at 11:12 am

It’s so true! I can’t count how many times I see awesome things on blogs, then a few months later a similar item is in Pottery Barn, Ballards, etc. Love your basket. In fact, I need to get making some this year because I sure can’t afford Pottery Barn.

10 Jennifer March 23, 2011 at 11:35 am

It does look like your fantastic idea Kimba! Hmm?? 🙂
Jennifer´s last blog post ..gifts

11 Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D March 23, 2011 at 11:40 am

Yep, they sure do get their ideas from trends they see on blogs and Etsy. For the longest time, I thought we were using them (PB, Ballard, Pier 1) for inspiration, but it seems it’s originating from us.

Love your Easter basket!
Bloggers are SO CREATIVE!

Psst – There’s still time to enter our giveway…
Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D´s last blog post ..Take a MomentTo Be Still

12 antiquechase March 23, 2011 at 11:53 am

yep well I guess they hacked your idea cause they look the same… different price tag of course!
antiquechase´s last blog post ..Out of Space

13 Stacey March 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm

They only “hack” the best, girl!!!

(I like yours better, easier to carry!)
Stacey´s last blog post ..Time on the beach…

14 Heathahlee March 23, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I wouldn’t doubt it! : ) By the way, I looked through an antiques store yesterday looking specifically for a tobacco basket. Didn’t find one. I guess if you were looking for a cotton bale I’d be your girl, but we don’t do much tobacco in Mississippi. : )
Heathahlee´s last blog post ..My Hero – a Repost

15 cheryl March 23, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Great minds think alike, I guess. 😉

16 Lesley @ The Design File March 23, 2011 at 11:45 pm

You’re way ahead of the trend – if not setting the trend – as usual.
Lesley @ The Design File´s last blog post ..A pair of orange velvet wing-backswhat now

17 Micki March 29, 2011 at 9:38 am

I too was hacked! Last week by Ballard. This weekend by PB. We should be getting paid for our talent. 🙂

Micki´s last blog post ..hacked by PB