Super Bowl Food!

by Kimba on February 4, 2011

in Entertaining,In the Kitchen

Perhaps you’ve heard, but there’s a big football game this weekend! We’re having a Super Bowl party and I thought I would share some of the things that are on our menu. Football food isn’t low-calorie or healthy, so if you can’t handle it, look away now.

Chicken, hot sauce, cheese and chips! If you love buffalo chicken wings, then you definitely want to try this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe! It’s one of my all-time faves because it’s all the yumminess of buffalo wings without all the bones.

Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches are a staple around our house. We have a nearby meat market where we buy it already made, but this recipe from Tidy Mom is really close to what we’re having. You need to slice it super thin, add some provolone cheese and dip it in the juices. Napkins required.

My own Apple Pear Crisp Fake-Out will be on the menu because it’s ridiculously easy and you need something sweet with all this football food. I’ll pick up some good vanilla ice cream and call it done.

Football food is finger food. This Reuben Dip recipe from The Noble Pig is to-die-for. I make it all the time and it’s ALWAYS a hit. It’s got all the components of a Reuben sandwich mixed together and served all warm, melty and gooey. I just buy sliced corned beef at the deli and mix it all up. Easy as pie…or dip.

Are you going to a Super Bowl Party this weekend?

Sorry Packers fans, but…GO STEELERS!

1 Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations February 4, 2011 at 9:40 am

ooooooooooooooooh the Reuben DIP looks A—–mazing!

Love,
Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

2 Becky February 4, 2011 at 9:51 am

Oh my, YUMMY! I want all of that!
Becky´s last blog ..Our 2011 NO SNOW!My ComLuv Profile

3 TidyMom February 4, 2011 at 10:03 am

Seriously? Reuben Dip? I. MUST. MAKE!
Thanks for such a great line up it all looks delicious……..and thanks for the linky love to my Italian Beef Kimba!!
TidyMom´s last blog ..I’m Lovin’ It – Light Scoop GiveawayMy ComLuv Profile

4 Amanda February 4, 2011 at 10:12 am

That sandwich from tidymom looks mouthwateringly amazing… I gotta try that!!
Amanda´s last blog ..Vertical Layer Rose CakeMy ComLuv Profile

5 christi February 4, 2011 at 10:12 am

I’m gonna try those two dips I think! We are having people over for the game…I have had other things on my mind, and haven’t even given a thought to what food we will serve up! Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?! Thanks for the reminder that it is time to get it planned! :)

christiswritingthewaves.blogspot.com

6 Heather Solos February 4, 2011 at 10:24 am

I need a reason to make these. I’ll be traveling Super Bowl Sunday, but they all look fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Heather Solos´s last blog ..Coleslaw Done RightMy ComLuv Profile

7 Jeanne February 4, 2011 at 11:15 am

Hi Kimba, I know I have not been over lately. My whole life is playing catch up. I used to think it was a temporary thing, now I know it IS my life. HA!

I want to come to your party. Everything looks so good. We are serving sloppy Joes and chips. The Joes are cooking right now. Mmmmmm.
Happy
Super Bowl Sunday.
Hugs, Jeanne

8 Teri Mahl February 4, 2011 at 11:19 am

The link for the Reuben dip seems to be broken. Any help with it? I would love to make this for Sunday. Hurry!!! Printed the Crisp and the buffalo wing dip. They look wonderful!

9 Talia February 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

I am so glad you reminded me of the Chicken Buffalo Dip! It is a must for Sunday’s game. And, I must try the Reuben dip. It looks amazing.

Like you said, “GO STEELERS!” Love the Men in Black and Gold!

10 Denise February 4, 2011 at 11:58 am

They all look so good. I’m still trying to finalize my menu.

Go Steelers!

11 Brown Eyed Girl February 4, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Yummy, Yummy, YUMMY! Can’t wait to try the Reuben dip and the Apple Pear Crisp. GO STEELERS!! =)

12 Colleen February 4, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I love my chicken boneless (has anyone ever seen that Far Side cartoon about the boneless chicken farm?)! I think that buffalo chicken dip is in my future.
Colleen´s last blog ..A PoemMy ComLuv Profile

13 Kara February 4, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Everything looks yummy, but I’m mostly commenting so that there’s at least one Packer fan heard from. GO PACK GO! :)

14 JillShe February 4, 2011 at 5:01 pm

They ALL look good. Think I might do the Italian Beef and the Apple Pear crisp (that looks sensational!) GO GB!
JillShe´s last blog ..Brother XL2610 ReviewMy ComLuv Profile

15 Becky Roode February 4, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Girrrllll…that dip (first pic) made my mouth water! Looks so good! :)

16 Susan February 5, 2011 at 2:02 am

Yes we are going to a Super Bowl party…on the deck of a cruise ship!! We’re escaping the frigid weather (we live in the south!) for the warm Caribbean! I intend to eat too much, laugh too much, and have a ball.

I don’t really care who wins, but I think GB has the advantage.
I just want to watch the pre-game show (Keith Urban!) the commercials, and Glee (after the game).
Susan´s last blog ..The rest of the storyMy ComLuv Profile

17 Lynn (One Busy Chick) February 5, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Hi! I am really enjoying your blog, and I wanted to let you know that I actually nominated you for a blog award! I had to pick 15 blogs that I would recommend people follow and yours was on my list. The Dip recipe alone should get you nominated LOL! I would love it if you would pop over to my blog and see the award I have nominated you for. Thanks for such a great read! Lynn 1busychick.blogspot.com

18 Lynn (One Busy Chick) February 5, 2011 at 1:59 pm

19 Lynn (One Busy Chick) February 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm

So sorry I don’t know why that posted twice!

20 Ann February 6, 2011 at 7:09 am

Everything looks so delish…
I want them all:)

21 Southern Fried Gal February 6, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Oh my word – that reuben dip looks divine! I think hubby would love! We are having a classic around here – rotel queso – yum!
Southern Fried Gal´s last blog ..Southern Fried SundaysMy ComLuv Profile

22 Luckymom February 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Thanks for the delicious food recipes. And no need to be sorry for us packer fans. Now that the game is over. I guess it’s sorry steeler fans.
LOL, I love your blog