Places I Land

by Kimba on January 14, 2011

in Favorite Things

I don’t know if I’ll be able to find railroad file boxes, but if I do I’m going to make this incredible DIY coffee table with TONS of storage. Thanks to the Simply Inspired Home.

I’ve got a space in my kitchen that I want to turn into my office/desk space. I adore this new desk from Holly Mathis Interiors.

I’m not sure if I have the patience to make this paper rose wreath from I’m a Yarner. (Tutorial here.) But I’m definitely tempted!

“Stories take place in settings, and I’ve been thinking about what kind of setting we want and need for the story of our lives…It’s not just the place that feels less cluttered; my head does, too.” Rita @ The Intertidal Years

They staged and decluttered nearly every room in their home and wrote a thought-provoking post about the process. The before and after photos are simply amazing. The entire feel of their house has been changed by paring down and simplifying.

1 Kate January 14, 2011 at 8:24 am

KIMBA! Omg this coffee table is just what I need. I will definitely be on a search now for these drawers or something similar. I was originally thinking trunk, but my hope is to find a neat item and create a piece myself. Oh and I am with you onthe rose wreath. They look so beautiful – of course if you try it you will have to share your end product…
Always, Kate

2 Lisa @ Shine Your Light January 14, 2011 at 8:26 am

That coffee table is amazing! Wow there are some talented people out there….

3 Marie January 14, 2011 at 8:34 am

I love that coffee table!!
Marie´s last blog ..winter wonderlandMy ComLuv Profile

4 Stephanie@Geezees January 14, 2011 at 9:25 am

I am in love with that coffee table!!

5 Yanet January 14, 2011 at 10:46 am

That’s an awesome coffe table! I have a thing for coffee tables. Just not enough places to put them. Darn!

Yanet of 3 SKBs

6 christi January 14, 2011 at 11:37 am

Oh, such great ideas! Love the coffee table, want to try to create something like the office desk, and really want to dig deep and declutter! Desk first I think… :)

7 Stacey January 14, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Like. Love it. All of it!

Hope you have a great weekend Kimba!
Stacey´s last blog ..Grace To Take With You Dayspring GiveawayMy ComLuv Profile

8 Heather @ REOlisticRenovation January 14, 2011 at 5:23 pm

THAT COFFEE TABLE IS AMAZING! I want one! I am totally keeping watch for one of those. So perfect for our house.

9 Debs January 15, 2011 at 11:36 am

nothing new from me…i fell for the coffee table too!! :S
Debs´s last blog ..Show n Share time againMy ComLuv Profile

10 Rachel P January 16, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I love the idea of converting something old into something useful,like the boxes you found and make it as a coffee table. Totally creative and you just gave me an idea! Thanks!

11 Stephanie January 19, 2011 at 5:40 pm

If only I had a larger living room…I’d love that coffe table to pieces, but I must restrain myself.