A couple of weeks ago, I promised you the best french toast recipe ever. I used it to serve 30 people on the night before Thanksgiving.
In true Kimba fashion, I got distracted by something shiny and forgot my promise. But here it is! The best ever french toast.
I haven’t always been a huge french toast fan…sometimes it’s just too egg-y for my taste. But this recipe is the perfect combo of bread, egg, butter and yum. I don’t know if it’s the addition of flour and sugar to the batter or something else. I just know that I will never make french toast another way again.
I adore this recipe so much that I think it will be making an appearance on our Christmas morning breakfast table.
I use grocery store italian bread for this french toast, but regular old sandwich bread would work just fine.
Be prepared for much plate licking.
Best Ever French Toast
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
12 slices of bread
Butter (for cooking and spreading)
- Mix together dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl
- Beat together eggs, milk and vanilla then add to dry ingredients and combine
- Heat a large skillet or griddle
- Add butter to skillet
- Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture and flip once
- Cook each slice for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown
- Continue adding butter (mmm. mmmm. mmmmm.) as you cook more slices