A Christmas Tradition

by Kimba on December 1, 2010

in Faith and Family,Seasonal Projects

It’s only December 1st and I already know that Ann Voskamp’s Jesse Tree Advent Devotional will be one of my favorite things this advent season.

It’s free for the asking at A Holy Experience. Every word is wondrously beautiful and is encouraging our family to wait expectantly for Christ.

I printed off the devotional part on regular paper and the ornaments on photo paper. I feel like I’ve been given a beautiful gift already. Thank you, Ann.

If you’ve never heard of a Jesse Tree before, it’s an advent devotional that tells the story of God’s plan for salvation starting with the creation story, through the Old Testament to the coming of the Messiah. Each day has a family devotional with a special ornament that gets hung on your Jesse Tree. Your tree can be anything….a small evergreen, a branch, a silhouette of a tree drawn on paper.

Enjoy!

1 kathysue December 1, 2010 at 9:43 am

Kimba, I love this idea!! WE often get caught up in the gift buying and decorating, it is good to start out each day with the real meaning of the season. Oh what a blessing!!! Merrry Christmas Kimba!!! Kathysue
kathysue´s last blog ..How I added Pink in my own Christmas decor!My ComLuv Profile

2 Christi {Jealous Hands} December 1, 2010 at 10:04 am

We are using Ann’s devotional this year, too – and it is just beautiful!

3 Heidi @ Everyday Families December 1, 2010 at 11:11 am

I’m putting a scripture for each day in our advent calendar, along with the treats, to make it more focused on Christ!
Heidi @ Everyday Families´s last blog ..A Little Holiday MagicMy ComLuv Profile

4 Kendra {House of Ficek} December 1, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Wow, this is great!! I love this and will definitely go check it out, after all isn’t this what Christmas truly is about!?

5 heidi @ wonder woman wannabe December 1, 2010 at 2:10 pm

so excited to try this out this year! :)
I think we’ll be hanging ours on our stair rail garland perhaps…

6 Heathahlee December 1, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I love this idea! Things have been so crazy the past few months I haven’t done half the things I wanted to for Christmas, including the things I wanted to do for Advent. I’m looking forward to doing this next year.
Heathahlee´s last blog ..Living out Romans 10-14My ComLuv Profile

7 Susan Hinojosa December 5, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Just love the Christmas ornaments you are giving away!!! I would definitely give one to each of my daughters!

Thanks for the opportunity.

8 Kate{Starr Family} December 5, 2010 at 8:57 pm

This is absolutely wonderful lesson/treat for the whole family!! I’m so glad you featured this, each year I set out to purchase our own and forget! Thanks for the reminder!

9 Kate Gaines December 15, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Thank you! Each year I meann to do this and fail to MAKE the time. I an printing it today and getting it ready for us to use year after year.

Thanks for sharing.