Favorite Things

by Kimba on September 3, 2010

in Favorite Things

Young House Love featured this fabulous kitchen redo from one of their readers. They transformed their outdated kitchen with only $1,207! Love it!

An awesome PB hack! Jessica from Running with Scissors turned an old light fixture into a PS-esque lantern.

I’m loving my new Sweet and Simple Birdie necklace from Lisa Leonard. Chirp!

Simple Mom has been speaking to my heart lately. Go read all of these posts. Go now. Immediately stop reading my drivel and go hang out with Simple Mom.

Perfection: the thief of good enough – You know I’m a fan of “good enough”. But sometime I forget.

Stress is a choice – Makes me think about what other feelings might be choices. Anger? Irritation? Maybe love?

Simplify your space with a fresh pair of eyes – I’m feeling a huge desire to simplify right now.

Disclosure: My friend, Lisa Leonard sent me that adorable birdie necklace to wear and see if I loved it. If I did, I could tell you about it. I did (wear it) and I do (love it) so I am (telling you about it).

1 Richella at Imparting Grace September 3, 2010 at 9:45 am

Oh, it’s good to have you back, Kimba! I always love seeing what caught your eye.

I hope you’re having a GREAT week!
Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog ..Mod Podge challengeMy ComLuv Profile

2 Van September 3, 2010 at 9:47 am

Thanks for sharing, the “life simplifying” tips sounds lovely! I’m aaaalways trying to clear up my chaos.
Van´s last blog ..Inspirational Thrifted Art For Your HomeMy ComLuv Profile

3 Jo @ To a Pretty LIfe September 3, 2010 at 9:54 am

Yes, Love is a choice! That has been our mantra since my husband and I got married. It is a choice, not a feeling. We just celebrated our 8th anniversary, and are as “in love” as ever, even when we may not exactly feel like it. I’ve never thought about Stress being a choice though…I’m off to read that post!
Jo @ To a Pretty LIfe´s last blog ..Sad CookiesMy ComLuv Profile

4 erin @ little apartment on the prairie September 3, 2010 at 10:26 am

Thanks for sharing Simple Mom this morning.. I’ve been choosing stress a lot lately. Hmm, what kind of day would I have with the kids and shopping if I didn’t. I’m such a slow learner!
erin @ little apartment on the prairie´s last blog ..Fridays easy and do-able Favorite ThingsMy ComLuv Profile

5 antiquechase September 3, 2010 at 11:06 am

Stress is a choice… that is a great thought and I’m off to read about it!!!

6 L.Duncan September 3, 2010 at 11:24 am

$1207 for a kitchen makeover?! Cool!

That necklace is so so cute! Have a great weekend, Kimba!

7 Emily@remodelingthislife September 3, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Thanks for linking my post at Simple Mom. xoxo

So glad to have you back. I see you enjoyed your time away, but hopefully you know you were missed.

8 Tatiana September 3, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Thank you for this insightful post. Never thought stress could be a choice. I’m going to try to choose not to be stressed. Easily said right. Enjoy simplifying your life. :)

Have a good weekend!

9 champe September 3, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Nice to get great all around tidbits like this post in one place – something for home, heart and happiness….well done. http://www.MyDesignGuide.com

10 Tracey September 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I really liked your favorite things…I needed to read/hear those posts from Simple Mom and appreciated each one. And I have a couple light fixtures in my garage I am going to fix up into lanterns like Jessica did.

A few months ago I asked why I wasn’t getting comment love to work on the comments I leave…problem solved. I didn’t have http:// before my www.
Tracey´s last blog ..Footstool SlipcoverMy ComLuv Profile

11 suzanne September 3, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Oh, Kimba, some GREAT links to check out! Thanks, doll!

Suzanne
suzanne´s last blog ..Friday Fives!My ComLuv Profile

12 hazel September 4, 2010 at 2:11 am

hello, haven’t been by here or anywhere for awhile. love all your creativeness. i enjoy simple mom too. also appreciate lisa leonard, she was the ‘pioneer’ i think to her art. anyways, enjoy your labor day weekend kim, i enjoy your posts very much and will continue to come back.

13 Jen September 4, 2010 at 9:27 am

Thanks for sharing these links; I look forward to checking them out soon!
Jen´s last blog ..Weekend Inspiration- Austin- TX – Part 1My ComLuv Profile

14 Melanie Redd September 4, 2010 at 11:30 am

Love that kitchen! Wish I could redo mine for so little!

Thanks for sharing the ideas and the photos.

Have a great weekend…

15 Traci September 4, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Great spotlights, Kimba!
That kitchen is gorgeous, and Lisa’s birdie necklace is just too cute. Love her.
And what a great idea to turn that light into a lantern.
Have a wonderful long weekend!
Blessings,
Traci

16 Kenia September 5, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I absolutely love that kitchen…I cant wait to redo mine.
Thanks for sharing. ~ Kenia at ourhomeatfirstsight.blogspot.com