The Master Bedroom ~ A Place to Sit

by Kimba on July 19, 2010

in Do it yourself,Furniture Rehab,Master Bedroom

I haven’t written about the on-going master bedroom redo lately. Mostly because summer is here and the living is easy at Casa Kimba. OK. Not exactly easy. Just really, really busy, which leaves precious little time for spray painting. The HORRORS!

I have a couple of other projects in the works, but before anything else, I needed to find a place to toss the dirty laundry sit. Even if it occasionally catches yesterday’s jeans, every bedroom place (besides the bed) to park your rear.

I had this empty corner between the dresser and the window. The perfect spot for a chair.

And, (lucky me!), I had this junk store wicker chair just sitting in the basement waiting for a makeover.

A little spray paint and some new cushions and (poof-voila!) the perfect chair for my Zen Traditional bedroom.

I splurged a little on the cushion and pillows, but they were still on great sale. The seat cushion came from Pier 1 and the throw pillows came from Kohls. The chocolate color coordinates perfectly with my bedding and the throw pillows bring in some of the green color that I wanted.

Want to catch up with the rest of the Master Bedroom Makeover? Start here:

The Evolution of a Bedroom ~ Why Your Bedroom Matters
The Master Bedroom Before
The Bedding Reveal
The Window Treatments
A Lamp Makeover

Don’t forget! DIY Day ~ The Outdoor Edition will be happening here starting tomorrow! Link up with your latest outdoor projects!

1 Van July 19, 2010 at 9:12 am

Lovely chair corner, it’s the perfect spot to sit and read!
Van´s last blog ..Vintage Chairs- Guess The Eras My ComLuv Profile

2 Rene July 19, 2010 at 9:55 am

It looks perfect in that corner! I have those same seat cushions from Pier 1 only mine are green.

-Rene

3 Trish @TheOldPostRoad July 19, 2010 at 10:09 am

What a perfect wicker chair! I could use one of those!
Trish @TheOldPostRoad´s last blog ..New Pillows for their Sweet Heads My ComLuv Profile

4 Amanda@The Hand Me Down House July 19, 2010 at 10:23 am

Love those pillows – and the cushion! What a great little corner spot to sit. :)
Amanda@The Hand Me Down House´s last blog ..Welcome! My ComLuv Profile

5 Kate July 19, 2010 at 10:36 am

The chair looks great! The pillows are gorgeous. Ilove the green with the brown and white!

6 Laura @ PARING DOWN July 19, 2010 at 10:39 am

You had me at those pillows. Love. them.

Happy Monday,
Laura
Laura @ PARING DOWN´s last blog ..A Birthday Giveaway from Wonderfully Wordy My ComLuv Profile

7 lowbudget July 19, 2010 at 11:08 am

Really cute idea! I will be on the look out for a chair for my room. By the way, I love Pier 1. There use to be an outlet store here, but not anymore. :(

8 Melissa's Heart & Home July 19, 2010 at 11:24 am

That is truly fantastic! The pillows are precious. :)

9 Carrie July 19, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Great chair! Love those cushions! I do appreciate that someone else does a re-do in multiple steps (and blogs it that way). It’s the kind of reality that makes me happy to watch unfold! The blow-ya-mind “before & afters” are nice, too… but these things really do take time!
Carrie´s last blog ..Wedding Photos- Update in progress! My ComLuv Profile

10 Carmen July 19, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Love the chair! It’s perfect for that spot!

11 Lesley @ TheDesignFile July 19, 2010 at 1:48 pm

It looks fantastic. It’s amazing what you can do with a junk store find! great job.
Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Design Star- Firehouse challenge is Ninas demise My ComLuv Profile

12 Laurie-Jean@WilloughbyWhimsy July 19, 2010 at 2:18 pm

The brown-green-white combination is quite lovely and calming. Don’t ya just love wicker, so easy to move and update with paint. Love it!~
Laurie-Jean@WilloughbyWhimsy´s last blog ..Aujourd’hui du projet- deux français chaises – Today’s Project- Two French Chairs My ComLuv Profile

13 Amanda @ Serenity Now July 19, 2010 at 4:40 pm

It looks great, Kimba! :) Love the cute pillows. Excited to link up with DIY Day again. :)

14 Handy Man, Crafty Woman July 19, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I love this project! It’s nice to have a chair in a cozy corner.

15 Kasey July 19, 2010 at 8:07 pm

What a great spot for that chair. It really accents that corner and brightens it up quite a bit!

16 Jen@balancing Beauty and Bedlam July 19, 2010 at 8:09 pm

It looks perfect there, my friend….and love the throw pillows!
Jen@balancing Beauty and Bedlam´s last blog ..Quizno’s Meal Deal Coupon My ComLuv Profile

17 Liz@HoosierHomemade July 19, 2010 at 9:35 pm

That chair is perfect! Love the pillows too!
Thanks for always sharing such great inspiration!
~Liz
Liz@HoosierHomemade´s last blog ..Make-Ahead Sloppy Joes and our Menu Plan My ComLuv Profile

18 beth July 19, 2010 at 10:44 pm

That looks great there, Kimba! Someday I would love to have a chair in my bedroom. A nice little place to get away by myself and read my books and magazines.
Your bedroom makeover is coming along very nicely! :)

19 Richella July 19, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I’ve really enjoyed watching your bedroom come together, Kimba. It’s looking great–and it’s looking like a place where a REAL person lives, too! That’s one of the things I love about your blog–real life. All in all, so much better than “perfect”!
Richella´s last blog ..DIY Ottoman My ComLuv Profile

20 Mary Lou July 19, 2010 at 11:07 pm

I love that chair and cushion combo. so inviting. Great job!
Mary Lou´s last blog ..HANGING BASKETS My ComLuv Profile

21 becca July 20, 2010 at 1:15 am

your finished wicker chair ensemble would look fantastic in my bedroom! i love that color combo.

22 Danielle July 20, 2010 at 1:20 am

Ohhhhh! You’re color palette is. simply. Yummy!!
Danielle´s last blog ..Where’d my toes go My ComLuv Profile

23 Anny July 20, 2010 at 2:53 pm

It was worth the splurge, the cushions are perfect!
Anny´s last blog ..Pimp my Living Room My ComLuv Profile

24 Stephanie@cre8tive July 20, 2010 at 8:13 pm

I too love the color combination. I think you need to find a small ottoman or stool in that basement of yours and put it next to the window. That way when you sit in your beautiful chair you can slide it over to prop your feet up! It is so fun to shop your own house isn’t it?

25 Chara Michele July 21, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Love the chair! I have that same seat cushion (in loveseat size) in green from Pier 1 :)
Chara Michele´s last blog ..Wedding Photography My ComLuv Profile

26 Porch Days July 28, 2010 at 1:46 pm

That chair is too perfect. It looks like you have a lot stashed in the basement.