It’s a Garden Party!

by Kimba on June 15, 2009

in In the Garden

It’s time to share your outside projects! I’m so excited to see what everyone has been doing. I’ll get things started.

Do you remember when I showed you how to plant your own hanging baskets?

Here’s what mine look like this year. I did it exactly like I showed you in my “how-to” post only I used yellow Million Bells (miniature petunias) instead of New Guinea Impatiens.

They’re growing like crazy and they look so beautiful on my back porch.

Now it’s your turn! Mr. Linky is ready to go. Link up to the exact post on your blog. Click on the title of the post in your blog to get the permalink up in your address bar. If your link is just to your blog and not the post, I’ll have to delete it. Readers will be clicking on these links for weeks to come and if they can’t find your Garden Party post I’ll get irritated emails. I don’t like getting irritated emails.

Feel free to grab the Garden Party button and use it in your post. Thanks Darcy! And make sure you link back here so your peeps know what’s going on.

Now let’s get this party started!

1 Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam June 15, 2009 at 9:07 pm

hi my friend – oh, I've been working hard in the yard and am working on a fun flower bed that I was planning on posting. Didn't quite get it done yet, but linked up my fun asparagus story from last week. :)

2 Lianne June 15, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Yea! I get to brag on my hard work (and my Daddy's)!!

3 Sandy June 15, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Kimba!

You're the best!

I'd love to make a SALAD for you any time! Straight from our garden …

4 Your cool friend Cheryl June 15, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Everyone can check out my love of spray paint!

5 Jadehollow June 15, 2009 at 10:22 pm

I love the coconut husk baskets.. but the squirrels around here tear them to shreds. Yours is Beautiful.
Hugs,
Debbie

6 Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista June 15, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Posted some outdoor curtains…saw yours awhile back and had to do something myself!

7 Jennifer P. June 15, 2009 at 10:37 pm

I just got to show off my yard in an outdoor b.day party this past weekend!

8 Funky Junk Interiors June 15, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Typo, sorry! Had to repost…

Kimba, beautiful!

Sadly, my budget won't allow for glorious blooms this year. However I hope my additions to the party can include outdoor features that don't bloom… :)

Donna

9 Southern Fried Gal June 16, 2009 at 12:20 am

Love your million bells and in that buttery color – fabulous! Thanks again for hosting! As usual I had big plans and had to go with what we had in the end. I've got another project in the works and if it turns out tomorrow I may have to link it to the party as well – is that allowed? OK – now I've got to get you that information!!!

10 a woman who is June 16, 2009 at 1:37 am

Found my way over here from Sandy's hope you don't mind if I join in the party :)

11 Ashley@AshleysBusy June 16, 2009 at 3:59 am

Your hanging planter looks so lush and full. I just did mine and I'm hoping they'll fill up soon. Have a great day!

12 edie June 16, 2009 at 4:11 am

Hi Kimba,
Thank you so much for hosting!

I linked to a Graduation Garden Party that had for my son Taylor back in May. I also am planning a 'Painted Patio Furniture Linky' next week so I've definitely been in the mood for outdoor 'decorating'.

You have been such an encouragement to follow. Thank you for your openness and honesty and for the great example you've set for the rest of us bloggers!

Have a blessed day and a great linky party!

Hugs and blessings,
edie

13 Richella June 16, 2009 at 4:19 am

Thank you so much for hosting this, Kimba! I'm excited to get to share my screened porch with you. Please, please tell me what color you think my bench and bookshelf should be. (All the better if you think they should be a nice spray paint color!)

14 The Pleasures of Homemaking June 16, 2009 at 4:20 am

Your blooms look so pretty and healthy! Thanks for hosting! I've been out in the garden almost everyday and have been looking forward to showing off one of my projects!

Manuela

15 Kristen, The Pajama Mama June 16, 2009 at 4:26 am

Beautiful baskets Kimba! Love those mini-petunia's in yellow!

16 TidyMom June 16, 2009 at 5:13 am

Oh Kimba your million bells look SO much better than mine!! Mine are losing all the blooms, I don't have nearly as many as when I bought them a few weeks ago. – yours look BEAUTIFUL!!! – I also still need to get some purdy baskets to move mine into!!

Thanks for having the party!!

~TidyMom

17 melissa June 16, 2009 at 5:14 am

Kimba~those million bells are gorgeous. You are a green thumb girl. Great idea for a party!

18 Emily@remodelingthislife June 16, 2009 at 5:15 am

Thanks for hosting, Kimba! I just posted about the cottage garden last night so I linked up and joined in :)

19 Stacey @ The Blessed Nest June 16, 2009 at 5:34 am

You have such pretty hanging baskets! I just love million bells!! My sister and I use them in pots also this time of year. 2 years ago I planted one that was kind of pitiful looking in the ground, and it's come back each year, believe it or not!! I'm not sure if it's because I'm in the south or not, but it's lovely spreading across several feet and blooming like crazy! Off now to check out everyone's lovely gardens!!

20 Karen June 16, 2009 at 6:15 am

I took some pictures, some before and afters and can't find my flipping picture cord!

21 Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality June 16, 2009 at 6:18 am

HI, there friend! I love your baskets. Linked up my swing post recently and some blooms on there too. Always fun to see outdoor projects!

22 Shelly June 16, 2009 at 6:49 am

Thanks for hosting this fun party! I also have a coconut husk hanging basket! Yours look great this year!

23 Trish June 16, 2009 at 7:56 am

Woo Hoo! I love a party!!

24 Kelly | Purple Lemon Designs June 16, 2009 at 8:05 am

Yay! Fun post! I just left you a link to my portable herb garden…Thanks for all the fun links.

25 Angie June 16, 2009 at 8:25 am

What a fun party! I love looking at everyones ideas. Happy Summer!!

26 MagicMarkingsArt June 16, 2009 at 8:43 am

So much to see + so many creative gardens to view = many more hours of joyful work outdoors.

Thank you for the invitation.

27 Em @ Bunch of Scrap June 16, 2009 at 8:56 am

Thanks Kimba! I love garden tours :) I added mine to the list :)

Happy Summer!

Em @ Bunch of Scrap

28 Shauna June 16, 2009 at 9:24 am

What a fun party…I just refreshed my front door! It's stinkin sassy!!! Thanks for the party. Shauna

29 delightfuldwelling June 16, 2009 at 9:31 am

I added a post today about all the work we did to spruce up the front of our house, painting shutters, front door, trim and planting flowers.

30 Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love June 16, 2009 at 10:07 am

Oh! I wanted to party but my computer with all my photos has seized up! Hope you have a great party!

31 Sugar Mommy June 16, 2009 at 11:12 am

Wooo-Hooo! I'm number 62!!!

I bet no one ever says that! ;D

Looking forward to some gardening inspiration! I need it badly. Can you also lend me a green thumb, or two?

32 Kelli June 16, 2009 at 11:48 am

Beautiful flowers!!

33 pk @ room remix June 16, 2009 at 11:52 am

Love the Garden Party! I posted a couple of my favorite outdoor things and linked back to your blog. Too much fun.

34 Empty Nest Full Life June 16, 2009 at 11:56 am

I linked up and am looking forward to checking out the other posts, but on the first one I had an error, so please delete it. Jackie

35 Christina June 16, 2009 at 11:57 am

Love looking at gardening posts. I have posted a link to Victoria's small food garden project.

Your yellow million bells are beautiful and thanks for hosting the party.

36 To The Moon and Back June 16, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Hi Kimba! Great idea. I LLLLOOOOOVE your baskets!

37 Richella June 16, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Forgot to tell you earlier that I've never heard of Million Bells. I plant wave petunias every year, but these beautiful blooms are a new thing for me. And they're gorgeous! Especially the way you have them planted. Thank you for showing us how you do your baskets. I thought the impatiens were pretty, but these are even prettier.

Thanks again for hosting!

38 Amanda @ Serenity Now June 16, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I love your impatiens in that basket. Very pretty! :) I didn't have a chance to get to my post to link, but maybe tonight after the girlies are in bed. :)

39 Jo - To a Pretty Life June 16, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Your baskets are gorgeous! I think I want to do a hanging basket when I get home from vacation…if it's not too late. I finally got on to the internet today, so I added my link to Mr. Linky…I'll have to wait until I'm on high-speed again before adding the pretty button to my post and checking out all the links.

40 amybluestar June 16, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Beautiful Kimba!! Thank you for the awesome links.

41 Among The Flowers June 16, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Wow! I am so excited about this Garden Party! I have waited all week for this! Your flowers look lovely! Great job! Thanks for hosting this party!

42 CIELO June 16, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I have certainly landed on a soft and gorgeous place… and I glad I did… flying all the way here was worth it! ;)

Nice meeting you,

Fairy Cielo

43 Sabrina June 16, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Dear Kimba… I messed up on my first attempt to link. Please delete #85 Sabrina. Sorry for the trouble.

thanks for hosting.

44 Mrs. K. June 16, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Thanks for hosting this Kimba!

45 Blue Castle June 16, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Kimba! I finally made it. I've been unable to get to a computer all.day.long. But, I knew I had to join your party. So much fun! Thank you for being such a great hostess. :)

46 Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend June 16, 2009 at 10:44 pm

I enjoyed reading your blog tonight….Had some time to do some blog hopping…always enjoy finding new blogs!
Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

47 Kendra June 16, 2009 at 11:15 pm

So I really want to come to your garden party. I even bought paint for my front door today, and I got the vinyl numbers I won at Just a Girl, in the mail. I'm excited about my front door makeover, but not sure exactly when it will happen. How long will you leave up your party?

48 Julie G. June 17, 2009 at 8:02 am

I'm so excited to have a project to share!! Our backyard is slowly coming together…I've posted new pictures of the plants I've managed to not kill, and check back to see the fireplace as it goes up!

Love seeing all the new projects.

49 sherri June 17, 2009 at 9:20 am

It's fun to peak at everyone's gardens-thanks for hosting!

50 MandyMoo June 17, 2009 at 10:27 am

We built a swingset – HUGE project, HUGE payoff!

51 GardenDesigner June 17, 2009 at 11:21 am

Ok … you got me …
This is my VERY first Mr Linky, … I am only home today because its raining! other wise I would be out in one of twenty clients gardens! …
Thanks or having the Garden tours!
Vanessa
RhinestoneContessa.com

52 Diana June 17, 2009 at 1:00 pm

I love checking out the links and seeing what everyone is doing in their yards.

53 The Summer Kitchen Interiors June 17, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Oh how we love garden parties! We'll have to check 'em out… your hanging baskets are coming along beautifully!
Karla & Karrie

54 Richella June 17, 2009 at 3:02 pm

I'm so proud that I finally learned how to import a button onto my blog–your Garden Party button is the VERY FIRST TIME I've been able to do that. But I can't figure out how to make it bigger. It's so big and pretty here at ASPTL; on my post it's itty bitty. Still, a little button's better than no button at all!

55 mdhdgirl June 17, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Kimba – The hanging basket is glorious! I try and try, but my plants seem to barely hang onto life. I thought begonias were pretty safe…but apparently not from rabbits. 8)

I want to create a romantic little secret garden in the corner of my yard, with two chairs, a small patio and fire pit. Another project on my to do list.

56 Amy@DesigningaLifeILove June 18, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Woo-HOO! I can't tell you how excited I am to be #107 on your list!!!! Well, if there were ever a number I'd want to be, that would be it. Truly. 107.

I'll hush now. You're awesome, Kimba. That's all I'm gonna say.

57 Joy June 19, 2009 at 9:26 am

love the color of those flowers!

58 Kathryn-nannygoat June 27, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I'm so glad you did this. I'm checking these out, I need help in this department.