Spring Wreaths

by Kimba on March 9, 2009

in Seasonal Projects

I have my glue gun fired up and a can of spray paint at hand but my project isn’t quite ready to share. Check back later for what is sure to be the most wonderfully glorious spring wreath ever.

In the meantime, check out these other wonderfully glorious spring wreaths.

I adore this gorgeous egg wreath that’s for sale at the Urban Farmhouse. I wish I lived closer so I could try and convince her to take 383 of my felt pins in exchange for the wreath.

Southern Lagniappe gets her nest (and watering can) on.

A yarny, spring wreath from Design…Stat.

How about this adorable paper flower wreath from Dana and Carol’s etsy shop?

Jamie from Paint Till You Faint made her own chocolate egg wreath. YUM!

1 Laura Ingalls Gunn March 9, 2009 at 5:36 am

What a way to welcome someone into your home! I adore them all.

2 Living with Lindsay March 9, 2009 at 5:36 am

Oh, Kimba. I LOVE that first wreath so much it makes me want to cry. Thanks for giving me a new obsession.

3 Laurel @ Ducks in a Row March 9, 2009 at 5:40 am

I love having a wreath on my front door and have a summer, fall, and winter wreath. Thanks for the inspiration

4 Christy March 9, 2009 at 5:57 am

I love these wreaths but the one from Urban Farmhouse is my favorite! I just visited their site and found out that they are about two hours form where we live. I just might have to make a trip to visit… it looks like such a neat shop. Thanks for sharing!

5 the pleasures of homemaking March 9, 2009 at 6:03 am

The paper flower wreath is just adorable – I always like the egg wreaths too!

Manuela

6 Susie from Bienvenue March 9, 2009 at 6:16 am

What great ideas! Cant wait to see yours~

7 Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam March 9, 2009 at 6:23 am

oh – I know yours is going to be even better. I bought some fun things to do a spring wreath, but alas, they may go into my “to do” closet along with many other “must halves.” Just not enough hours in this week. :)

8 Empty Nest Full Life March 9, 2009 at 6:51 am

Those wreaths are adorable! Can’t wait to see your creation. Jackie

9 Astrid March 9, 2009 at 7:11 am

Oh my! It is time to change out that wreath for something Happy, Cheerful and Spring-y. It’s hard to think about spring when there’s snow on the ground though. sigh.

10 Pretty Organizer March 9, 2009 at 7:12 am

Cracking up. I thought the first wreath was covered in potatoes! Couldn’t quite get potatoes to tie in to spring.

Just bought me some dollar store resin birds to spray paint. They’re pretty gosh awful looking on my hutch right now. It looks like I’m 85 years old and collecting bargain junk!

Chocolate egg wreath… favorite.

11 Songbirdtiff March 9, 2009 at 7:28 am

Oh my! What creative ideas! I always go blank when I try to think of something cute for a wreath.

Thank you!

12 Ruby Red Slippers March 9, 2009 at 7:51 am

How beautiful-If only I could recreate the first one!

13 Kara March 9, 2009 at 7:54 am

Cute wreaths!! I am soooo ready for spring!

14 Still Learning March 9, 2009 at 7:58 am

Oh, my heavens. I must find a way to make me that very first wreath pictured with the eggs. I must have that bad boy. Don’t you just love to make wreaths? I know I do.

15 Sandy March 9, 2009 at 8:15 am

love the wreathes kimba! i have a beautiful egg one that i put up every year …

16 Joanna March 9, 2009 at 8:43 am

I love the first and last wreath! Seeing them gives me the motivation to make my own.

17 jenjen March 9, 2009 at 8:47 am

Cute wreaths. I can’t wait to see yours!

Jen

18 Monica March 9, 2009 at 9:23 am

I am so glad to read that someone else thought that first wreath was made out of potatoes. LOL.

They are all so cute. I especially like the last one. My fav!

19 Southern Lady March 9, 2009 at 9:30 am

Kimba, I appreciate you featuring my birdhouse wreath in your “Spring Wreaths” post.

I love all the others, especially the paper flower wreath.

I can’t wait to see your glorious creation.

Sincerely,

Janie

20 Runner Mom March 9, 2009 at 9:34 am

These are just precious! I have to finsh the zebra print projects first before I begin any wreaths!!! Thanks for the ideas, and I can’t wait to see yours!

Hugs,
Susan

21 duchess March 9, 2009 at 9:54 am

Very cute – love the first two. Now I’ll have to add another project to my list.

22 Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful March 9, 2009 at 10:13 am

Ok, so stinkin cute! Now I have to go make me one of those fab wreaths. Can’t wait to see yours!

~Amanda

23 Catherine Anne March 9, 2009 at 10:13 am

I have to give the paper flower a try. I love that one. Oh and I just thought of a fabric flower wreath. Thanks for geting my thinker going. Love your crafts.
-http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/

24 Karen at Nittany Inspirations March 9, 2009 at 10:32 am

I noticed your little bird figurines on your first picture. I also admired your other bird figurines you painted. I purchased some. They were very dirty so I put them in the dishwasher and they completely dissolved. I posted this an mentioned your blog that you inspired me to buy bird figurines.

25 Ruthanne March 9, 2009 at 10:47 am

Can’t wait to see what yours will look like!

26 Jennifer March 9, 2009 at 10:57 am

I love all the wreath ideas! I love your new Blog re-do! It looks fantastic!

Jennifer

27 Kasey Hunt March 9, 2009 at 11:04 am

I love it. They all make me smile!!

28 Kim @ Forever Wherever March 9, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Spring wreaths are so much fun! Can’t wait to see what your creative brain comes up with! :-)
~Kim

29 HeathahLee March 9, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Those are too cute. And you could totally do that top wreath. I have those birds on the display stand, too! I’ve got a project (or a hundred) up my sleeve, too. Can’t wait to see yours!

30 Carrie March 9, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Guess I’m gonna be getting out my old plastic Easter eggs, now! Thanks for the inspiration!

31 Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates March 9, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Those wreaths are so pretty! What a lovely way to welcome Spring!

32 Jennifer March 9, 2009 at 2:34 pm

All of them are so pretty – I think my favorite is the nest and watering can one!! Can’t wait to see yours…

33 Ashley's New Adventures March 9, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Love the chocolate one…I haven’t thought of that! May be this weekend’s project. THanks!

34 Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com March 9, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I can’t stand it….these are so cute. I’m heading outside to the chicken pen to get me some eggs! I have got to make a spring wreath! Loved your post.
Blessings,
Debbie
Have you thought about making a wreath with your 300+ pins? Just a thought…loads of work!

35 Jen r. March 9, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Love that wreath with the eggs… just might have to make that! :) jen

36 patty March 9, 2009 at 5:21 pm

i wandered by b/c i like the name of your blog. your felt pins are beautiful, and b/c spring is in the air, i’ve been thinking of spring wreaths, too! these are beautiful. i saw another beautiful one last night at Pier 1… if i ever get it, and if i ever hang it, i’ll photograph it and send it to you!
happy spring!

37 Kim March 9, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Some great ideas for Spring wreaths! I just posted about when to change the wreath on my front door. Would love your input!

38 Jamie March 9, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog! I’m honored!

*J

39 Living on the E.D.G.E March 9, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Her shop is in my parents town and the owner of the Urban Farmhouse is my sister’s neighbor. How cool is that…he he!!! Her shop is my all time favorite place. I visited her shop a few weekends ago and found some great goodies. I will be posting pictures of them on my blog later this week. Come on over for a peek.

40 Living on the E.D.G.E March 9, 2009 at 6:00 pm

I forgot to tell you that my new blog is Invitedinn.blogspot.com. I am still working on trying to delete my old blog. Any ideas?

41 Urban Farmhouse March 9, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Hey there! Melissa at Invited In shared your blog with me and it’s fun! Looks like a great group of ladies too, hi all! You have me “cracking” up (pun intended-egg wreaths) about the potato wreath, too funny. Actually, the wreath is made with faux egg forms that have been rolled in REAL crushed quail egg shells…the effect is stunning! I put one on the larger ones on the front door of my shop with some wide jute ribbon and it sold within an hour! I was sad to see it go. But I’ll just have to put together another and hang it out there too. Happy spring everyone! The peepers are singing!!
Lisa

42 Sandy Toes March 9, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Oh…I love a great wreath…what wonderful ideas!! I put out a springy wreath that has clay pots…I have a bird living in it!
sandy toe

43 Kimm at Reinvented March 9, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Anyone in their RIGHT mind would trade pins for a wreath! That first one is beautiful, I like the paper flower wreath too. Can’t wait to see yours!

44 Jessica March 10, 2009 at 12:31 am

So beautiful…every single one! They make me feel like the wait is almost over. I was feeling like spring wasn’t coming this year. Thanks for cheering us up!

45 Flax and spindle March 10, 2009 at 4:29 am

Wow, those are fabulous! the paper one is precious!

46 Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality March 10, 2009 at 6:35 am

Beautiful, Kimba! I’d love to invite all your readers over for a Spring Fluffing party on March 18th (next Wed.), so I hope you’ll join in too with your spring wreath. It’s gonna be fun!

I’ve gotta get busy myself!

47 Dana Barbieri March 10, 2009 at 9:59 am

Thank you so much Kimba for including our wreath in your post!!!
Can’t wait to see yours. :)
-Dana and Carol

48 Jill March 10, 2009 at 3:03 pm

wow, that paper wreath is gorgeous!

49 Heather March 24, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Thank you for showing us all these inspiring wreathes! I got out my glue gun and made one for our door – it was so much fun!